Wednesday, December 3, 2008

AC/DC

"You know what song has grown on me?" I asked Billy.

"I dunno."

"The new AC/DC."

"Me, too!" he said, his eyes widening.

What I like about the song, aside from the guitar sound and its catchiness is the ambiguity about whether being a runaway train is a good or a bad thing. Plus, I like the image of some singer singing to some girl, offering her advice, and then having one-hundred of his friends emphasize the key points of his lecture in chorus.

"I think that AC/DC must decide what songs go on the record by voting whether or not it'll be a good song for strippers," said a guy at the counter.

Billy reflected: "What do you think, right now, is the biggest band for stripper music?"

"AC/DC?" I offered.

"No," Billy replied, with confidence, "It's Buckcherry."

And with that, we went back to work.

No comments: