Sunday, December 21, 2008

Beers of the Weekend

1. Dogfish Head Brewery Indian Brown Ale

2. Uerige Sticke

3. Aventinus Wheat-Doppelbock

Yes, I am a poor man, but I enjoy nice things. Still, although these are all world class beers, I spent only seven dollars and change for beer this weekend. How did I do it?

The first and primary reason is that Jess kindly bought me the DFH beers. The second is that I only bought single bottles of the others.

*

I was planning on starting my homebrew today, but the storm has prevented me from picking up a couple of packages of brewer's yeast. Soon enough, lads! Soon enough.

Much of today has been spent in food prep -- a great pleasure -- and soon I'll have to handle the elements as they come, clearing the snow. We have a small driveway, so the trick is mostly to shovel out the end so that it doesn't harden into ice. The back porch is trickier -- the heavy snow might cause structural damage to the house if left to build.

Additionally, the buildup keeps us from watching the snow fall on the Townsend woods, or the ice forming on the tiny tributary of the Squanicook that runs behind our house.

No comments: